Y’all! IT’S HERE! My favorite time of year has finally arrived, and I am so excited! September brings cooler weather, changing leaves, and pumpkin everything. YES. I’m one of those people. Don’t judge 😉 I love everything about this season. The weather provides such a relief from the hot, southern summers that we have here. Then come the scarves and boots, outings to the corn maze and pumpkin patch, and my favorite- healthy pumpkin spiced lattes!
- 1 cup strong coffee (I like to use cold brew because it's concentrated)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or almond milk, cashew milk, hemp milk, etc)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Drizzle of pure maple syrup (I use Kirkland from Costco). Pure is the keyword here! Pancake syrup is not maple syrup, it's maple flavored high fructose corn syrup. Ew.
- Heat the milk & pumpkin on the stove over medium-low heat until it simmers.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice & maple syrup, milk/pumpkin mixture into a high-speed blender (I use the Blendtec) and blend it for 30 seconds or so, until it's foamy.
- Pour it into a mug, add the coffee, and stir well.
- Add a cinnamon stick and sip!
What’s your favorite seasonal beverage? Are you in love with pumpkin-everything like me?
And if you’re looking for any more Fall posts, check out these awesome ones from my Mom Blog Tribe!
Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup at Short Sweet Mom
Fall Favorites: Baby Approved Books from a 6 Month Old at Small Town SoLace
Easy Baby Food Jar Pumpkin Craft at SAHM Plus
Ways to Transition Your Home to Fall at Raising Hill
Verde Pork Posole at Life of a Mom 2 Blog
Teal Pumpkin: 5 Tips at Healthy Happy Thrifty Family
Eco-Friendly School Lunch Essentials at Vegging at the Shore