Christmas morning is a time of family and fun. So often though, especially with young kids, everyone gets caught up in how busy the morning is and we don’t always prepare ahead for a special breakfast. This Christmas, why not try these delicious gluten free blueberry muffins? These muffins are not just delicious but also easy to make! This recipe will create fluffy muffins loaded with blueberries. If you are a berry lover, then you would surely love this treat. Though these precious blueberries are hard to find if it’s not the right season, you can use the frozen ones instead. Besides, you don’t need to thaw them.
Here are the ingredients that you need:
Though these types of flours used to turn bread to bland bricks before, there is now a new kind of sorcery which makes gluten-free flour suitable for recipes like this. They are now available in the market at an affordable price, and I can’t wait to try them to my next starchy recipes!
Granulated the best for muffins; they provide the right tenderness and sweetness that you desired. But in case that granulated sugars are overrated, you can replace them with the liquid types such maple or honey syrup. If you want to make this refined sugar free, you can add ½ cup of maple syrup or honey.
Eggs make the muffins airy and fluffy. Use large eggs (about 50 grams) for this one. If you are allergic to eggs, you can use ground flax mixture instead.
You are free to use whatever milk you preferred. May it be fat-free or whole milk, they will both do great for your muffins. But, if you are confused, I suggest that you use whole milk because it provides a richer taste than fat-free.
Whether frozen or fresh, either will be perfect for your muffins. They will automatically turn your batter into blue so don’t stress yourself too much. Also, if you have wild blueberries, the ones freshly picked from where they grew, they are smaller than the preserved ones and are more intense.
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
Yield 15 muffins
If you're looking for a great, easy breakfast recipe that your kids will love, look no further! These gluten free blueberry muffins are perfect for Christmas morning, or any other special occasion!
- 3 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, for topping
- Preheat the oven to medium-high heat or 350 degrees F. Then, align 15 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, start mixing the flour, baking powder, and salt together, then set aside.
- On the other hand, blend the butter and sugar together in a large bowl. Transfer the batter to a blender and beat on a medium speed until it appears thick.
- While beating, incorporate the eggs and vanilla extract. Continue to beat until they appear well-combined.
- Incorporate the rest of the dry ingredients and blend again on low speed. Mix thoroughly until it appears thick.
- Turn off the mixer for a while then add vanilla extract and milk. Mix them again together until the batter becomes soft yet thick.
- Using a spatula, add the blueberries. If you used frozen blueberries, expect the batter to become very thick. Don't worry this is normal.
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin pans. Fill each space for about 2/3 full.
- If you desired, sprinkle a teaspoon of sugar on top of the muffin.
- Bake the muffins for 25 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes.
There you go, a “Berry-licious” muffin for your loved ones!
What is your favorite Christmas Morning breakfast?