Detoxifying Beet Smoothie
This detoxifying beet smoothie is a hearty, delicious, incredibly nutrient-dense meal that’s perfect for a busy lunch and really helps you pack extra veggies into your day.
Servings 3 servings
- 1 large beet cut into quarters
- 1 large cucumber
- 3 large carrots
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1-2 inches of ginger
- 1 apple or 1 cup berries for Level 3 Wahls
- 1 ripe avocado
- water, kombucha, kefir, or coconut milk
Chop all of the vegetables, putting them into a high speed blender.
Add water, and blend until everything is pureed.
Pour into jars, top with water, and store.
- Make one batch every 3 days. This is the easiest way for me to drink this smoothie daily, but not have to add the prep-work every day.
- I wash and cut the vegetables, add everything into the blender, and make the smoothie. Then, I split the smoothie into 3 quart-sized mason jars. (It doesn't matter if they aren't full).
- I top it off with water, and make sure it's full to the very top before I put a lid on the jar. The less oxygen that's in the jar, the more nutrients will remain for the next 48 hours.
- The nutrient density does decrease over time once it's been blended, but with the oxygen in the jar minimized, I haven't seen a difference in the first smoothie or the last. And making it every 3 days is so helpful for me.
- Use all organic ingredients if possible- it's important to make sure you maximize nutrients and minimize chemicals!
- Use a high speed blender- you need one to break up the solid beets!
Serving: 24ounces | Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g