Paleo Breakfast Pumpkin Cookies
Pumpkin cookies are just about a rite of passage once fall hits. But if you're looking to stay healthy through the holiday season, then try these guilt-free paleo breakfast pumpkin cookies!
Servings 20 cookies
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 scoops grass-fed collagen optional
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar or honey optional, for additional sweetness
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add everything to a bowl and mix together thoroughly.
Drop spoonfuls onto baking sheet, and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Let it cool for 5 minutes before eating.
Store in sealed container in refrigerator for 1 week.
- Baking time for these pumpkin breakfast cookies will depend on your oven and how thick you make them. At about 15 minutes in, I test them by pushing lightly in the middle of the cookie. If it doesn't sink, they are ready!
- These can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. If you can make them last that long.
- You can substitute the sweetener for basically any type of sweetener you want at a 1:1 ratio. I have used honey, maple syrup, and coconut palm sugar.
- Make them fun by adding any mix-ins! Nuts, chocolate chips, and shredded coconut would all be delicious!
- Tasting the batter is the best way to gauge how sweet the cookies will turn out. Sometimes the bananas can be overpowering, depending on how ripe they are. If that's the case, I add more pumpkin spice until I think it is ready.
- They will sweeten slightly as they bake!
Serving: 2cookies | Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 11g | Sodium: 14mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g