Healthy Holiday Berry Trifle
This healthy holiday trifle is a delicious, low sugar, gluten free, and dairy free holiday dessert.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Put a handful of vanilla wafers in a large ziploc bag, and crush until it's only crumbs.
Layer the crumbs on the bottom of 4 dessert cups.
Scoop whipped cream on top of the cookie crumbs. (Whipped cream directions below)
Layer frozen fruit on top of whipped cream.
Top with more whipped cream and add another vanilla wafer on top as a garnish.
- Make sure the mixing bowl for the coconut whipped cream is ice cold. Put it in the freezer for an hour ahead of time to make sure that the whipped cream has the best chance of really whipping.
- Refrigerate the can of coconut cream overnight before making the whipped cream. The cream has to be really cold, otherwise it will just fall flat.
- Some people have success with only certain brands of coconut cream... I like to use the organic coconut cream from Thrive Market.
- If you're not avoiding dairy, regular whipping cream makes this an amazing dessert!
- My original recipe called for gluten free ladyfingers, but now I'm especially partial to these amazing gluten free vanilla wafers. They really add a great texture with the smooth cream and the frozen berries!
- Use organic frozen berries if possible. Berries are some of the highest sprayed crops with glyphosate, which you want to avoid if you can!
Serving: 1dessert cup | Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 448mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g