Roasted Pumpkin Soup
It's pumpkin-everything season! But that doesn't have to only mean unhealthy foods and pumpkin coffees. Try this roasted pumpkin soup recipe, it's seasonal, healthy, and delicious!
Servings 10 servings
- 3-4 small pumpkins cubed or sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 quarts of bone broth or veggie broth for vegan
- 1 quarts of water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- Salt & Pepper
Preheat oven to 425. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil. Put 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large ziploc bag, and add the pumpkin, salt & pepper. Shake it up to coat everything evenly, and spread the pumpkin on the baking sheet. Roast pumpkin in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
Sautee the onion & garlic in 1/4 cup of olive oil until it's translucent. Add the bone broth and water, and let it simmer.
Once the pumpkin has been roasted, add it to the broth and onions, and simmer for 20 minutes. Finish with an immersion blender, and enjoy!
- During the fall season, you'll be able to find good pumpkins. Just don't use carving pumpkins, because they really aren't bred for flavor or nutrition. If you can't find good cooking pumpkins, you can use acorn or butternut squash as a substitute!
- If you want to make this soup even heartier (and you don’t need it to be Paleo), feel free to wash, skin, and chop up 3-4 yukon gold potatoes and add them to roast with the pumpkins.
- Want the soup to be extra creamy? Add in 1 cup of coconut cream (or heavy cream if you’re not paleo) and let it simmer a little bit. Then blend it with an immersion blender!
- This soup freezes very well! It’s perfect for making in bulk and saving some, or for meal prepping!
Serving: 11/2 cups | Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 11mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g