One of the biggest struggles that I face with my two boys is food. Seriously, the thing they love the most (besides cars) is such a struggle with us. Why? Because like typical toddlers, they’d rather pass on the healthy stuff. So when it comes to school, it’s difficult to find healthy snacks for school that they’ll eat (and not just throw in the trash).
If you send your kids to school (or camp), or anywhere they’ll be eating away from home, you’re probably not only looking for healthy snacks, but you’re looking for healthy snacks that will travel well. So I figured I’d put together a list of healthy snacks for school to make things easier on us moms. Who has time to keep searching for good snack ideas? I love Pinterest as much as the next person, but I don’t have time anymore to go through so many pins looking for ideas (wahhhhh).
Healthy Snacks for School
- Apple Cookies – Make them apple sandwiches if you need to minimize the mess for travel!
- No Bake Energy Bites – These are seriously good, even to kids! Just don’t mention they’re healthy 😉
- Dried Fruits – Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries… and if you have a dehydrator you can do more!
- Carrot Stars – These are only 4 ingredients… what?!
- Banana Protein Muffins – These are delish, I know first hand 😉
- No Nut Back to School Trail Mix – Perfect for little ones who can’t eat nuts yet (or those allergic)!
- Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars – Oh my goodness. I’m skipping healthy snacks for school and going right to breakfast with this one!
Do you have any go-to snacks that are perfect for school?