Happy October, y’all! This is my favorite month. It’s my birthday month, and it’s when the weather finally starts cooling off and the holidays start! Now, these last few months are probably the unhealthiest months of the year, with all of the candies, cookies, and pies that seem to float around. There’s no shortage of pumpkin-flavored goodies right now, so I wanted to find my new favorite healthy pumpkin recipe (and help you find a few too!) that can help us enjoy this season without feasting on sugars and other ingredients that are toxic to our bodies.
- Healthy Flourless Pumpkin Muffins – I love that these muffins use pure maple syrup instead of sugar! These are totally on my list of things to try this month.
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie – I’m big on smoothies for breakfast. If you make them right, they can be jam-packed with healthy ingredients, and start your day off right. Pumpkin pie smoothie sounds perfect for healthy October breakfasts!
- Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal – Another awesome Fall breakfast idea! I don’t know about you, but having something like this first thing in the morning really helps me take control of my cravings later in the day. And this looks delicious!
- Healthy Pumpkin Chili – Why haven’t I ever thought of pumpkin chili?! This looks amazing! Chili is one of my favorite Fall and Winter meals because it’s so hearty and healthy. Add pumpkin, and it looks like a new favorite.
- Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes – YUM! Ok, so maybe I’m a fan of breakfast foods, but who isn’t? These look super easy and delicious. Definitely another keeper for crisp Autumn mornings!
- Shredded Chicken & Rice Stuffed Peppers – Ok, so technically, this recipe isn’t made from pumpkin. But I couldn’t resist! How adorable are these Jack O’Lantern stuffed peppers?!
Do you have a favorite healthy pumpkin recipe? Are you all about pumpkin or do you like other Fall flavors?