Mashed potatoes and gravy. I can’t remember a family holiday where that wasn’t one of the side dishes. And although I grew up hating potatoes (don’t judge), some forms of them have grown on me a bit as I’ve gotten older.
Ok, admittedly, I really only prefer french fries and hash browns, but still. They count as potatoes 😉 My whole family has been eating healthier so we can take care of our bodies better, and this recipe for garlic butter mashed cauliflower is a must-try for all of y’all that love garlic mashed potatoes!
Garlic Butter Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower florets cut off
- 2 tbsp grass fed organic butter (Kerrygold)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place cauliflower florets in a steamer, and steam until they're soft (about 20 minutes)
- Saute garlic in olive oil until it's soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes
- Add butter to oilve oil and garlic and melt, then set aside
- When the cauliflower is done, puree in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the garlic, oil and butter mixture to the food processor, and process until it's mixed through
- Add salt and pepper to taste
What is your favorite healthy side dish for the holidays?