It’s my birthday month! And no, I won’t be celebrating all month long (or maybe I will), but I figured that in the spirit of my upcoming birthday in a couple of weeks, and with all of the new faces around here lately, it’d be fun to share some fun stuff about me so y’all can get to know me a bit better! If you want to know more, you can check out the About Me page for more info 🙂
- I am just a bit obsessed with 80’s Hair Bands. And I’m not ashamed. Bon Jovi has been my favorite band as long as I can remember, and I even had big-haired posters on my wall in college. I know most of his songs, and even saw them for my first concert in 4th grade! Don’t judge.
Also, at least half of the concerts that I’ve seen have been 80’s hair bands. The rest have been country. <3
- I struggle with severe anxiety. I’ve always been a bit nervous. Maybe not nervous, but easily afraid. After my first son was born, I got a bad case of postpartum anxiety that went undiagnosed for 8 months because I didn’t know what was going on. I went on an antidepressant for 6 months, and then got off just in time to get pregnant again. The anxiety never went away but was manageable until I was postpartum again. I went back on an antidepressant for another 6 months after my second was born. Now the anxiety waxes and wanes, and has been worse with the Lyme. I hate it, and some days I don’t even want to leave my house because of insane fears of what could happen. I can’t watch the news. I can’t read Facebook. I can’t hear about anything bad because then I can’t forget it.
- I’ve moved 15 times in the last 10 years. Right?! Crazy. Among the moves were NY to FL, FL to NC, NC to TN, and TN back to NC. So 4/15 moves were pretty sizeable, and 3 of them were with kids. No, I’m not crazy. I never want to move again!
- I met my husband on a plane. We locked eyes across the airport lounge where I sat across from him. No, I wasn’t staring at him like he tells people. I’m not a stalker. But he sat next to me on the plane (NOW who’s stalking?!) 😉 and we talked the whole 45 minute flight. 7 1/2 years later, here we are!
- I’m very introverted. INFJ to the max, y’all. Don’t get me wrong, I’m social and I love hanging out with friends and even meeting new people (sometimes), but I just can’t do it for long. I’m super quiet around new people, because I just don’t know what to say. I probably come across as antisocial, but it’s more that I’m afraid to say the wrong thing! I prefer hanging out at home over going out, and a night of Netflix and wine on the couch over being around a ton of people. Plus, too many people gives me anxiety. Just no.
- I speak fluent sarcasm. I really can’t help it, but so much of what comes out of my mouth is sarcastic. It’s not because I’m trying to be mean, and it’s not because I don’t like you. It’s just the way my brain works. I promise.
Share with me! What are some fun tidbits that make you who you are?